What is Tinnitus?
- Also known as "head noise;" tinnitus is the perception of sound in one or both ears when no external sound is present.
- A condition affecting millions of people. A small percentage of them are limited in their ability to function normally on a daily basis.
- A treatable condition, which equally affects males and females.
What causes Tinnitus?
- Causes may include noise induced hearing loss, excess wax in the ear canal, ear infections, side effects from medications or injury to the head.
Diagnosis – your Audiologist will:
- Take a case history to understand how tinnitus affects your daily function.
- Perform specialized tests to evaluate the type and severity of your tinnitus.
- As necessary, coordinate with your Physician to order a CT or MRI scan.
Hearing Education Center > Disease Diagnosis & Treatment > Tinnitus